Sunday, February 26, 2012

Letting Go

It took me a long time to realize this (two years, I'm guessing) - but even now, I can't fully grasp the concept or the courage at all.  If you truly want something, then put your foot down, and just go for it.  Yes, people will judge you.  Hell.  Wherever you go, people will judge you.  Nothing's going to change that.  But life is beyond looking good for someone, life is beyond trying to fulfill someone else's expectations.  It's about being happy, and being content.

About two, three weeks ago, I finally said to my father that I was going to quit karate.  Surprisingly, he said yes, and I've tried out badminton (it was... interesting, but I'm still sore), and I think I'll try other things out as well.  It took me so much courage to stand up for myself, and I'm finally away from that fear.  I'm finally free, in that sense.  Karate created so much fear, fear of being shot down and of being taunted.  Always being compared, always being pushed and no longer encouraged.  I still don't know if it was the right choice... but I can tell you this.  I am happier and more content as a person, then I would ever be if I didn't quit.

"This isn't giving up, no this is letting go."

No comments:

Post a Comment